Information for Visitors
Access to the Libraries
During College Breaks and Summer
Vassar Libraries are open to the public during winter and spring breaks and during the summer. Check the College Calendar for dates.
During the Regular Semester
The following visitors may use the library when Vassar is in session:
- Students from local colleges with a Southeastern New York Library Resources Council (SENYLRC) referral card from their reference librarians: 1 day or 1-2 week periods for special research projects. In-house use only.
- Students from other colleges with a letter of introduction from their home library
- External scholars: please see information on becoming a Guest borrower
- Members of the public needing to use government documents (see a Research Librarian for assistance, get temporary access card) For information about the documents collection, see Documents Collections.
- Family and guests of members of the Vassar community (accompanied by that person; need temporary access card)
Library staff may ask users to present a valid Vassar ID or temporary access card (available at Research Desk)
For more information, call the Circulation Desk, 845 437-5760. For information about access to other Vassar libraries, see Art Library, Music Library, or Archives and Special Collections. For information about access for persons with disabilities, see Library Services for Persons with Disabilities.
Mac and PC computers are located in the Reference Room and at various places throughout the building. All the libraries have wireless access. If you are a guest in the Library and need to access the wireless network, go to the CIS Helpdesk near the printers for assistance. For more information, see Connecting to the Vassar Network.
VPrint printers are located near the Reference Room, in the Periodical Room, and on the ground floor near the main stairs. VPrint system requires a Vassar ID or a VPrint card. For help with printing, go to the CIS Help Desk near the VPrint printers. For more information, see CIS VPrint Site.