UPDATE: the catalog is back! Thank you for your patience.
The library's catalog will be unavailable beginning Wednesday, May 29, 2013 beginning at 8:30 a.m. This outage is required to complete necessary maintenance on the site.
To find items while the catalog is down, use ConnectNY, the combined online catalog of selected New York academic libraries:
Search for a Vassar item via ConnectNY
Frequently asked questions
- Can I check out books from the library while the catalog is down?
Yes! By searching ConnectNY (above), you can find the books that you need at Vassar. The Circulation Desk will be open during normal business hours.
- What information is unavailable while the catalog is down?
During this time, you will be unable to do the following:
- search for items in the catalog
- log into your account
- request items from ConnectNY or in the Annex
- renew items
- retrieve custom lists
- It seems like ConnectNY is running. Can I request items that aren't available at Vassar?
Unfortunately, no, because this requires you to log into your library account through the library's catalog. Although you will be able to find the call numbers for items at Vassar while in ConnectNY, you will not be able to request items from ConnectNY until the catalog is back online.
We hope to have the library's catalog back online as soon as possible. Meanwhile, thank you for your patience as we perform this maintenance!