- Access for Persons with Disabilities
- Access to Online Resources from Off Campus
Access subscription databases and ereserves (current Vassar students, faculty, and staff only) from off campus through the proxy server. Log in using your Vassar email name and password. If you have problems, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Acquisitions List
Recently cataloged library books and other materials.
- Acquisitions Order Forms
Order books, videos/laser discs/DVDs, etc. for the Libraries' collections.
- Annex (Off-site Storage)
- Art Library
- Approval Plans for Vassar College
Description of library book approval plans and weekly YBP approval books for review.
- Articles, How to Find
- Audio Cassettes
Located in Reserve Room in main library. Music Library also has audio cassettes labeled "Music Recordings" in the online catalog.
- Book Drop
After-hours book return is located on the North side of the library, the side facing Chicago Hall.
- Book Order Requests
- Borrowing From Other Libraries (ILL)
- Borrowing Items Vassar Owns (Circulation)
- Browsing Collection
Fiction and non-fiction books of current interest located in main hall.
- Carrels and Lockers, Senior
- Catalog Status Definitions
Definitions of messages in the "Status" box for materials in the online catalog.
- Census Data, How to Find
- Circulation (Borrowing Items Vassar Owns)
- Citing Sources (Citation Style Guides)
- Classroom, Electronic/Library Teaching Facilities Guidelines
- Collections, Vassar College Libraries
- Computers and Laptops
- Digital Media Zone
State-of-the-art multimedia center, 2nd floor, main library.
- Director's Office
- Disabilities Services in the Library
- Distribution Area
Holding area in Rm. 60 for books to be reshelved.
- Faculty Scholarship Database
- Faculty, Services for
- Faculty Student Assistants
- Faculty Studies Online Form
- Forms (Online and Print)
For use of Vassar community. Print forms available at the Circulation Desk.
- Gift Policy
Policy for books and other material donated to the Libraries.
- GIS Guide (Geospatial and Attribute Data for GIS)
- Government Documents
- Guest Borrowers
- Guide to Locations and Library Map
- Handicapped, Library Services for
- Help By Subject (Research Guides)
- Hold Books
Books being held for patrons at Circulation Desk.
- Hold Shelves, 24 Hour
Shelves on the 2nd floor bridge where users may leave books for 24 hours.
- ICPSR and Vassar College
- ILLiad (Interlibrary Loan) login
- Interlibrary Loan Policies (Borrowing from Other Libraries)
- Laptop Computers
- Learning, Teaching, and Research Center
- Liaisons/Subject Librarians
List of librarians acting as liaisons to academic departments and programs.
- Libguides (Help By Subject)
- Library Electronic Classroom/Library Teaching Facilities Guidelines
- Library Instruction and Research
- Lockers and Carrels, Senior
- Lost and Found (located at the Circulation Desk)
- Microtext (Microfilm, Microfiche, and Microcards) Collection
- Missing Book Search Request Form
Use to request a search for an item you are unable to locate.
- Music Library
Most current issues of many major papers are shelved in the Newspaper Alcove in the Periodical Room. Other current issues not yet on microfilm are shelved alphabetically in the Current Periodical Room. The library has access to an extensive collection of online newspapers; see "Find Newspapers & Popular Periodical Articles" below.
- Off Campus Access to Online Resources
Subscription databases and ereserves are available to the Vassar community from off campus through the proxy server. Log in using your Vassar email name and password. If you have trouble accessing this link from off-campus, email email@example.com.
- Online Catalog Status Definitions
- Online Forms
For use by members of Vassar community. Print forms also available at the Circulation Desk.
- Periodicals, How to Find
Copies can be made on VPrint printers. One copier in Reference area still takes coins.
- Printing in the Library (VPrint)
- Recalls and Holds
Tool for creating bibliographies and footnotes in a variety of styles.
- Remote Access to Online Resources
Subscription databases and ereserves available to the Vassar community from off campus through the proxy server. Log in using your Vassar email name and password. If you have trouble, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Research and Instruction
- Research Consultation Requests
- Senior Lockers and Carrels
- Services for Faculty
- Services for Students Studying Abroad (JYA)
- Status of Material in Online Catalog
- Style Manuals (Citing Sources)
- Teaching Facilities/Library Classroom Guidelines
- Technical Services
Technical Services is responsible for the acquisition, access, and preservation of library materials in all formats (print and electronic) to meet the research, teaching, and learning requirements of the campus.
- Video/DVD Collection (videos are found at the Reserves Desk)
- Video Screening Form
- Visitors, Information For