It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
We are excited to share our new Library catalog and search tool! We hope that you will find it easy to search and explore our collections. If you need help, have questions, or want to share feedback, visit the Ask a Librarian page.
In Vassar's Online Catalog:
The library gives the title "Works" to all sets of collected works. To find them in the online
1. do an author search for the composer, in the form Last name, First name (with or without
2. In the list that appears, find the composer's name and click on the link to show a list of titles
3. Go to the bottom of the screen and find the text box with a number in it. Replace the
number with the word "works"
4. Click the button "Locate in results"
In Vassar's Card Catalog:
1. Go to the books/scores section of the card catalog
2. Find the composer's name in the book/score catalog
3. You will likely find a number of cards under the composer's name. The card(s) for the
collected works will come first, followed by cards for particular compositions in alphabetical